6.30.2009

Paranoia

Paranoia is an unfounded or exaggerated distrust of others, sometimes reaching delusional proportions. Paranoid individuals constantly suspect the motives of those around them, and believe that certain individuals, or people in general, are "out to get them."

That is scary. Being paranoid. A really scary mental disorder.
Based on that definition, I am Paranoid. lol

Anyways, I work at the library, if you didn't know. Techniquely, it's volunteering, but we have a strict time schedule and set jobs, so it's basicly a job. The library is always supposed to be quiet, but every now and then, there is always this loud outburst by people or babies. Then there are just annoying noises that irrated me. With all that, I can say that I am easily paranoid >.<
It sucks because every little sound draws massive attention to me. Again, I am either paranoid, or have some super duper stron hearing :D
When I work the Summer Reading Program, we are in the Art Studio in the Children's Library. It is always quiet in there, but if you talk, it gets really really loud. Any any sound outside the room is like, megaphoned! Lol I don't know the word.
And today as I worked in the bookstore and saw Ingrid, Sagar S., and Jess, I was just jumping at every little sound. Well, not exactly, but usually I just glanced up extremely quickly. So many people look into the bookstore, and scary people walk into it too. If you look in the bookstore, don't! Its annoying along with the 200 people we see anyways just staring in. Its like staring into the classrooms at Whitney, thinking they can't see you looking in from the inside!
I can link this to movies too...whenever there is some kind of drama and suspense, you know something is going to happen, you brace yourself for it. BUT I always ALWAYS jump scared when some scary, loud, or sudden thing occurs. Always...and I hate it >.<


OMG I just have to edit :O
The Angels were on a 6 game win streak and darn...lost to Texas :[
Now they are 42-33. At least we're still in first place :D
I can't wait for the All Star Game :)

1 comment:

  1. oh shoot, man.
    i'm paranoid too, it's okay. x)
    let's talk about our paranoia together someday. :D
    (how about this thursday? ;) )

    ReplyDelete