7.18.2009

Obon

OMG I went Ice Skaing for the First! time today!
Thanks Susan and Josh and Heidi :] Perfect fall-free day with lots of very close falls. and lots of jelousy. LOL freakin Mr. Kwon and crazy flexible figure skaters. braking is hard. It was freezing cold on the ice and as soon as we got outside, we wanted to go back in. Such a temperature difference!


Then afterwards, my family went to the Orange County Buddhist Church for the annual Obon festival! it was hot. Food was good, and at a reasonable price. Games were cool again, like always, its a carnival. I was so close to winning a nickel toss.... Dangos are worth the wait, but not the imagawa yakis...nasty, flavorless pancake. shaved ice as cheap as Hawaii! like $1. I wanted azuki beans though. And I don't know any dances of bon odori :[ i only learned after watching, and by that time, it was over. Saw some people, mostly parent's friends. But I saw Anna working the food and cleaning. she was soo diligent... My feat were killing me-no chairs and hella crowed. No space anywhere.


Tomorrow is shopping again with my mom. hoarding and being pack rats :]


My legs are dying

No comments:

Post a Comment